View Single Post
Hi

I have many similar lists of tasks for daily/weekly routines and also for things that are not necessarily periodic such as what to do before leaving on a business or personal trip, bagages, what to prepare for a music rehearsal, etc.

I even include in this groceries for home and for the cottage, mowing the lawns, etc.

I love doing everything in OF and created a folder "checklists" for those. I simply focus and/or put projects on hold/active as needed. I can check/uncheck in batch on the mac version.

If I have to remember absolutely to go to the grocery I might create a task "stop by grocery" flagged or with a due date, or flag the critical item for the list.

I have to say that until now I regularly delete completed tasks (not part of the checklists!) rather than archive. For work for example I keep them around a little bit until I'm paid or reviewed with client. Anything important has some emails, doc, etc.

I keep a recurring reminder tasks for things that are a bit more time sensitive like garbage or paying bills. By setting a start date the color is different so it feels less cluttered, and it helps me schedule things better. Then again, it might be because of my highly "mobile" lifestyle, but I hope it helps.