View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberV
While I do not disagree, I do think it extends to the held up action, because technically the action that is held up by the external things supporting it is waiting, too. This to me, speaks of something more like a status (like "On Hold" for projects, which is precisely what is going on--just at the task level). To me, the things which hold something up (that are not also something within your area of responsibility) are really something more like a note that implies a status shift, which is why I chose to present it the way I did. The fact that I need Samir to get some data to me should not occupy a task row in and of itself. It has no business in my todo list, except to explain why Task A is not proceeding.
I agree. I am just emphasizing that it should be easy to a) see what is holding up the project (Samir), b) find and check-off the item (when Samir does send in the data) and thereby release things that ARE on my todo list, and c) review these as a group (so I can decide whether to send Samir another email). Co-opting a context for WFs does these three things (which is why I have a @WaitingFor 'context'). But it remains confusing conceptually.