Thread: Omnifocus 2
View Single Post
Wdiadamo, I understand what you are saying in terms of contexts becoming less relevant now that about everybody has a smartphone in his pocket. Of course you can now do calls, send mails, read/write/edit documents/spreadsheets, dictate letters, check the web and much more on the go. That tells me that we need, as you say, to adjust our contexts.

What I wonder is what you would like OF to do about it. You already said you are using a today list. Nothing wrong with it, as a lawyer I highly depend on deadlines so I use a lot of due dates for things that HAVE to be done by a date. And I have a today perspective on all my devices that tells me each morning what I need to do today before I can do other stuff that's not time crucial. Provided, one can use the forecast view for that but I prefer to be able to assign tasks to a day even if their due date is not necessarily on that day. That is for the reason that sometimes I WANT to do it on a certain day but if I then for some reason do not manage to actually do it that day, the "holy" deadline still reminds me days later that I better get my ass in gear and hurry up on that task before it's too late.

I am not saying you are wrong about your observations/formulations of needs, I am merely wondering what you would ideally like to get from OF.