View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirvivian View Post
@Brian thanks for clearing this up. This has been a sticking point for me in my GTD setup. I have long called for the ability to assign tags and multiple contexts in OF, but now I see it's just my understanding of the program and concepts of GTD that needed to change.
sirvivian: (et al) This issue isn't so much between whether OF should have multiple contexts per Action as it is whether OF should offer the ability to Tag an Action to begin with. People are confusing the two concepts. Contexts are NOT Tags! Contexts are meant to provide the user the ability to identify the "context" of how to complete an Action. Tags, on the other hand, are meant to do nothing more than categorize an Action. I'm fine with not being able to assign multiple Contexts to an Action. What I'm not fine with is not having any ability to Tag an item, let alone assign multiple Tags, which I should be able to do as well.

In this regard I almost look at "Projects" as being a Tag with more functionality (Parallel vs Sequential). In reality a Project is simply a way to categorize a bunch of Actions with the difference being to drive to an ultimate goal (completing the Project). Tags categorize Actions too but don't necessarily have an ultimate goal or a need to be setup in a hierarchy.

Since I'm in my trial period still until OF offers this capability my $80 is staying in my pocket.