View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidmf View Post
A couple of questions (some issues touched on above):

a) Can the Web Interface script be run without being logged in?

b) Does it require the OmniFocus app to be running at the same time (this appears to be the case since I see it startup)? If so, can OmniFocus be run as a startup item?

c) Has anyone configured a setup so that the OmniFocus Web Interface is served from a computer that is on, but no user logged in?

d) Has anyone written the required launchd configuration files and, if so, could they be shared with us?

I'm trying to work out how to maintain access to OmniFocus data on my office computer (which is always on, but logged out at night) from both my laptop at home and from an iPhone. (I'd like to sync my home laptop to the data, too, but that looks like it will be a separate issue.)

Thanks for any insights.
I have attached my Startup Item, which you put into /Library/Startup Items to make work, with absolutely no guarantee that it does anything useful for you. You must be logged in with OmniFocus running for the whole thing to work, because Omnifocus AFAIK requires you to be logged in to run.
It assumes that the web interface is installed at "/Users/rcook/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Web Interface/script/server". You obviously need to change this for your computer. I don't know if the webrick argument works on Tiger.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OmniFocusWebInterface.zip (2.5 KB, 403 views)

Last edited by wealthychef; 2007-12-02 at 06:47 AM..