View Single Post
Well, we're back to the "projects" issue again. A project is a container for related actions. If I recall correctly, GTD (Allen) doesn't make a big deal of projects. Sometimes I think we're so "project" oriented, that we feel the need to have all actions in projects. If something isn't in the inbox, that shouldn't mean it's in a project. So I'm glad to see a move away from the "Project" divider in the left panel.

However, getting on to the name, "Library."

It looks like Omni is taking a page from the iTunes (and many other apps) that use a "Library" top level. In OF, "Library" seems to mean anything that isn't unprocessed (inbox). Thus the library doesn't comprise everything (as it does in iTunes) - perhaps "Library" isn't quite the right word.

But I think we do need some divider separate from inbox that contains projects and singletons. I'm wondering, would it make sense to allow singletons to be at the same level as projects? In other words, in a "Library", if we are to use that word, we'd have projects and singletons at the same level. I'm still bothered by having singletons in a project-like structure.