View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
In OF, "Library" seems to mean anything that isn't unprocessed (inbox). Thus the library doesn't comprise everything (as it does in iTunes) - perhaps "Library" isn't quite the right word.

But I think we do need some divider separate from inbox that contains projects and singletons. I'm wondering, would it make sense to allow singletons to be at the same level as projects? In other words, in a "Library", if we are to use that word, we'd have projects and singletons at the same level. I'm still bothered by having singletons in a project-like structure.
Folders can also go in the Library, and many of us use folders to organize projects and lists-of-single-actions based on life roles. This is especially handy combined with the Focus command. So if folders could join projects and lists-of-single-actions at the top-level of the sidebar, I think that would be great. Then Inbox would just be a special list-of-single-actions that haven't been processed. This exactly mimics the behavior of the sidebar in Mail.app, so should be easy for people to understand.

The only concern I would have is that a top-level Projects/Library item is a handy way to easily display all my stuff, except for the Inbox. I don't have any ideas for that use case if the top-level item goes away.

<tongueInCheck>I wonder if the top-level item should be named "Stuff". George Carlin would approve.</tongueInCheck>

Curt