View Single Post
(1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstorm View Post
For example, for things that would belong in a certain context, like phone calls, but would not belong to a project (Call the Dentist, Call the Vet, Check on Credit card bill), I created a project called Phone Calls, and all the items in here contain tasks with a Phone Call context. (Make sense?)
heh...you pick the best example. I have a bucket called "Dance with Communication" cuz that's exactly what David Allen coached me to do in his workshop :)

sometimes have no idea what you intuition is telling you - just make the call! (this is partially why David insists on getting through you call lists in whatever deadtime you have available)

that said, I resist making calls just like every other human being (ok i speak for myself :)

(2)
I also have a folder called "rubber hit the road!" - this is effectively my runway - for anyone that is on the edge of my life (at least I claim to be) - you really can't see what's ahead of you - sometimes things come up and you know it's an immediate project you have to deal with - not something to react to but something that deals with your current reality!

In my weekly reviews, I tend to organize the projects that "hit the road" into my main hierarchy and go from there.

hope these give 2 new perspectives on the matter - good luck!