View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by devastat View Post
Thanks, I think I got it now.

I have to set availability filter to Available.
Status filter to Due or Flagged.

Then when I set a start date, AND flag the item, it will appear in the today list even there is no due date at all with the task.

Great I am very happy this is possible i OF as I heavily rely on start dates on my methodology :)

My version of Today is pretty much the same but I set it to:

Context Filter: Remaining
Grouping: Due
Sorting: Due
Availability: Available
Status Filter: Due or Flagged
Estimated Time Filter: Any Duration

I tend to think that I want my "due" items up on top and then flagged items on the bottom.

I really try to knock off tasks in my "Today" perspective before looking at the other perspectives.

Due items are time sensitive and should/must be done. I look setting it to show Due items in 1 week. This gives me at least a 7 day heads-up notice of any incoming deadlines.

Then the flagged items are my Big Rocks of the Week that I am currently interested in.

Once a week during my Weekly Review, I unflag everything and then go through my projects to flag or reflag my Big Rocks. This gives me a chance to refresh and change my Big Rock projects.

In addition, I have a "My Agenda" perspective that is set to:

Context Filter: Remaining
Grouping: Context
Sorting: Due
Availability Filter: Available
Status Filter: Any Status
Estimated Time Filter: Any Duration

This is more of a general list of all the Next Actions that are available to me. This perspective shows a list of all Next Actions that I can do if I don't have anything left in my "Today" perspective.