View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Not a bad point. If it would be useful to show items on all the days between their start and due dates, we can certainly consider that! Interested parties should email the support ninjas and let them know they'd like to see that added.
I guess coming back around - perhaps the issue isn't that this is something that should be changed in forecast, it's just that forecast may not be terribly useful as a default view. Rather it seems to me to be functionally powerful as a deadline review tool. One option I could see being useful, based on some other comments in this thread, is to have it toggle the daily count showing just the number of projects that have due items - because in a way, I see it more as a project oriented feature. For instance, if I have 10 actions due on a Friday over 3 projects, I only see a count of 3. Even if say one of those projects is only partially due, I like to see that there is a deadline relating to work on that project.

That said, if there were a way to make the interface intuitive to show all active actions, there still would be the issue of actions that have no dates set (quite a few of mine are like this). For instance, what about repeating actions that have no due dates? They will never show up in forecast. Or perhaps activating the view (eye) icon would help give back flexibility here, where tasks like that are put in a future state.

For something like this I'm going to refrain from making suggestions to the support staff (already made a handful). I'd rather see it hashed out on a public forum first, because these could lead to big functional changes I'm not sure are quite correct, being the GTD neophyte and all :)

Last edited by brandall10; 2010-08-05 at 09:26 AM..