View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Not a bad point. If it would be useful to show items on all the days between their start and due dates, we can certainly consider that! Interested parties should email the support ninjas and let them know they'd like to see that added.
I've had these same issues using the Forecast and would love to see an implementation of showing items on all days between their start dates and due dates. This would, however, add significant "clutter" if there are many such items. I think making this an option that could be toggled on/off would allow individual users the choice.

Also, if the items were shown, but gray in the lists until the current day was within the "due soon" range of their due date (and then turned orange) it would help identify all the things you might chose to work on on a given day and those whose due dates are near (of course if you choose a week as "due soon" they would all be orange).

I know using other views that I can see these tasks after their start date (or before depending on how things are filtered), but their absence from the Forecast view can be disorienting or confusing. For those who only want to use the forecast to see upcoming due dates, they could toggle off the viewing of these tasks on days other than the due date. For those who use forecast more as another filter for viewing task list (a more date oriented view) then the task showing up between start and due would be nice.

I'm not sure which workflow I'll settle on, but the showing of tasks beginning on their start date in the forecast view would make it more functional in my view.