View Single Post
psidnell,

My suspicion at first glance is that the fact that your source address is of the form "+omnifocus" is a bit of a red herring. I would rule out the possibility that the issue is actually that the program you are using to send the message is marking the message as read before Mail on the desktop gets a chance to process it. The mail rule that makes the processing happen won't run if Mail doesn't see it as a new, unread message. I just configured gmail to use my "+omnifocus" address as the default for sending, sent a message to my "+omnifocus" address, and the resulting action turned up in my Inbox just as I would expect. However, if I quit the Mail app on my Mac, send another message just like the previous one, and read that message on the iPad before launching the Mac Mail app again, it does not get processed into OmniFocus when I finally launch the Mac Mail app.

I think the most reliable approach is to have a separate account for OmniFocus input which you only configure on the desktop where OmniFocus is running. That way there's no possibility that any other mail client gets to the message first and fools Mail into not processing it.