View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Another tactic is to use a "tickler" perspective, context mode grouping by start date and closing all the groups except the one for items starting today. You can make a similar one grouping by due date to show you those items which have an imminent deadline. In the morning, you have a look at the urgent perspective, knock them off, switch to the tickler perspective to knock off anything starting today which seems appropriate (making it less likely that you'll see it again in the future on the urgent view), then work the flagged items. If you've installed them as toolbar icons, it's easy to rotate through those views. When you save a perspective, if you have the Expansion box ticked, it will remember which groups were open.

If you finish off the stuff you've got on your plate for today, it is easy to cast the net a bit wider by opening up another group in the view, whether that be tasks recently turned available but not yet done, or items due in the next day or week, etc.
Exactly what I'd like to do, and exactly why I started this thread. When I group on start date, I get items that have no start date, but their project containers might, so it it hard to see what's really going on. Also, there is no way to filter out of that view actions that have no start date.

So, let's say I have something that started a few days ago. I would need to go into the tickler view and expand each of the groups to see what's what, and then I would see items with no start date, since their contain projects had the start date. To me, this is confusing, but hey, I get how to work around it.

Thanks.