View Single Post
I'm really sorry this happened! OmniFocus actually writes out changes continually as you make them; the reason there isn't a save command is because we're basically always saving. As you leave a row and select another, any changes you made are being written out to disk. The intent is for the functionality to resemble the way iTunes works.

Obviously, the changes appear to not have made it to disk in this case. There's one bug we used to have which would produce results like this, but we added a workaround and haven't heard about it again in several months. The undo stack stops notifying us of changes, so data stops getting saved to disk.

When this crash happened, did OmniCrashCatcher come up, and if so, did the crash report get sent in? I tried searching for crash reports from the same email address that your forum account uses, but didn't find any. If there's another email address you may have used, can you send me a private message with that info?

I ask because we added code to detect when the app might be getting into a bad state - when that code goes off, we force the app to crash before you can do work that won't get recorded to disk. So if this is the same bug, we should have crashed earlier in your work session.

If I can take a look at your crash report, I'll be able to tell whether we need to detect the bad state differently/earlier, or whether there's a separate problem hidden in there that we need to figure out from scratch.

That all said, the situation you ran into appears to be very rare - this is the first time in several months that I can remember encountering a case like this.