View Single Post
Hi. I am a new user and am hoping that OmniWeb can replace one of the very very few Windows programs that I miss - an obscure but FANTASTIC web browser called iRider (www.irider.com). For several years it has offered tabbed thumbnails like OW - but in a way that I find much more useful. http://irider.com/irider/DetailedOverview.htm

Obviously I am new to OW but i have not yet figured out a way to get this same behavior. If these features are not available in OW, they should be!

1. EVERY PAGE creates a new tab. Let's say you are browsing bestbuy.com for a new TV or camera. Since every page is a new tab you can quickly jump around from the Panasonic 32" to the Sony 32" and the RCA 32" to the shipping page - all in 4 clicks, not 25 back/back/back/backs. Right now, OW only creates ONE tab for bestbuy so there is no way to jump around within the site without using the back and forward arrows repeatedly.

2. EVERY SITE creates a new tab. Maybe there is a way to do this in OW, but I'm not sure. I understand that if I use Command-Enter, a new tab will open, but what if I click a link from that bar on top (forgot what it's called) or from bookmarks? I would prefer a setting whereby EVERY site/page/link opens a new tab EVERY time, without any keyboard strokes needed. Somehow OW usually overwrites my last thumbnail instead of creating a new one. The default should be to create a new tab (WITHOUT Command-Enter).

It may sound like you get dozens of thumbnails in the window, but usually this is not an issue. Plus you have the option to close an entire site - which might be 10 thumbnails - in one click.

iRider has some other nice features - like you can select a list of links and it opens every one simultaneously, each in a separate tab. But it is the thumbnail-for-every-page behavior that I really miss!

Is any of this in the future of OW - or is it available now and I have missed some settings? Thanks in advance,

Bonnie