View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Wagner View Post
"Bucket" is one of the three types that projects can be -- "sequential," "parallel" or "bucket."
Ah, you mean Single-Action Lists. I've never heard them referred to as "bucket lists" before. :-) Although, an early version of the single-action list icon was rendered as a little bucket (long before the original 1.0 release); perhaps that's where you're getting that name?

Anyway, I think part of the confusion here is that single-action lists are not projects. And while you can nest action groups inside single-action lists, I don't think the capability is often used.

By definition, a single-action list is a parallel group of unrelated actions. They're never sequential. A sequential list is a project, not a single-action list. So in my mind, adding "bucket list" to the following preference setting makes no sense:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	1075
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	813

I must admit I'm still not 100% clear on what you mean by the "main preference pane for OmniFocus." I'm referring to the above screenshot from Preferences -> Data -> Projects & Action Groups mainly because that's what whpalmer4 referred to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Wagner View Post
I get the idea that the Omni Group is trying to deprecate the bucket project type. I would hate that.
I haven't gotten that impression at all. Sure, OmniFocus (and the whole GTD system, really) is focused on organizing by project, but there's still need for single, unrelated actions. David Allen certainly recognizes that, and from everything I've seen, so does the Omni Group.

-Dennis