View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
Sorry about that. Didn't know I shouldn't post feature requests in the forum. I will submit the idea through OmniFocus.
It's not that you shouldn't post them here, it's just that they won't be counted :-) If you've got a good idea, there's nothing wrong with running it up the flagpole here as well as sending it in with Help->Send Feedback, as you might drum up some support for the idea, or provoke some discussion that leads to an even better feature request.

I'm no stranger to procrastination, cherry-picking the easy stuff, etc. so bear in mind that this isn't coming from someone with a "holier than thou" attitude. I don't think it particularly matters that you might process your inbox out of order -- so long as you do process it down to zero on a regular basis. But if it isn't getting processed down to zero regularly, that means there are probably some things in there that you are resistant to dealing with, and that's the real problem. If you don't have the intestinal fortitude to grind through them, is having a perspective that offers them up one at a time to you going to make it any different? You'll still have to convince yourself it is time to finally drain the swamp and open that perspective. The LIFO option isn't going to do you any favors if you are resistant to getting to zero either; you'll do the stuff that just came in that is easy or fun, and the rest will just ferment, as it does now. What I find works best for me is to process the Inbox as often as possible. This has the advantage of reinforcing the habit and keeping the amount of work to be done to a minimum. The easy stuff gets done first, right? :-)