View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
You can sort the actions-look at this recent thread for the how-to. The OP in that thread was asking about sorting projects in the sidebar, but if you put the focus inside a project in the main outline and follow the steps discussed, you can sort actions.

It's mentioned in that thread, and worth repeating here, that sorting with the Edit menu commands is not the same as a temporary sort using the View Bar. In other words, if you want the actions to remain sorted by due date, use the sort options under the Edit menu. If you want a temporary sort for a report, use the View bar to sort the actions.

'Edit/Sort by date due' is helpful but I find it unintuitive that undated actions (i.e. ones without an assigned start or due date) sort to the top of the lists instead of the bottom.

That gives them implied prominence over dated items - which is quite the opposite of what I intend by not dating them.

I have to manually drag them to the bottom to overcome this - or am I missing an obvious solution?

Steven