Thread: Contexts?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
I could not agree more, but this logic points *toward* multiple contexts, not against.
I think it depends on the approach here. Approach A: Set every conceivable context/tag on a task at its inception, and then, at event time, select through filters and have a computer program spit out the "best task to do now". Approach B: Set one primary context on a task at its inception, and then decide for yourself at event time what fits best to do in light of the various other considerations.

I find that Approach B works far better for me. You seem to have a stronger preference toward Approach A. Nothing wrong with that (though Approach A does seem to me to involve a bit more energy in thinking at both ends -- inception and event). What you are finding now is, OF is limited in allowing you to do type A approaches.

At this point then, perhaps a feature request to OG would be in order. I have put in one for tags -- not because I want to do Approach A, rather because when I file away my completed actions for my activities reports or project wrap-ups, I would have a significant benefit in being able to filter projects, groups, and actions by tags.

--
JJW