Thread: Contexts?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedallen View Post
... I would really have to create multiple of these limited contexts and would then have to be checking several separate contexts to find next actions.

My feeling is that it would tend to cause me to fail to do the task rather than do it more efficiently....

... So being able to call a tag to see if I can run any more searches now that I have the tool loaded would significantly make life easier
This appears to be a matter of personal approach and is respected as such. That said, with the understanding I have, my approach would be different. FWIW, here is what I would consider ...

Such tasks would be marked in context ☼Screening. During a review of a Project, I would see a Next Action -- ☼Screening (is DUE). I would start that, and correspondingly call up the ☼Screening context list to see if any other such tasks are pending (/ DUE). I would handle them appropriately. I would subsequently ONLY go back to ☼Screening context when a review at a project level showed, my next action is a task that is again in that context. Otherwise, I would leave well enough alone and get about doing the other tasks on the project(s).

In other words, ☼Screening would not be a temptation call for frequent visits to see if "I need to go there now". Rather, it would be the notice that, when I am otherwise and/or required to be specifically active in that context (doing my screening), there is a list of other such tasks that might be done at the same time. I think of the context as a frame of mind or state of current action rather than a call to required actions.

Hope this gives room for thought if nothing else.

Thanks.

--
JJW