View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltok View Post
I would vote for a visual indication that something is out of my hands - a visual cue that could either be applied to whole projects, or to individual tasks within that project – a different colour, a little clock icon, something.
You're absolutely right: there's a difference between a task I've begun but haven't finished and a task that's temporarily "out of my hands." Well-put. And a simple, visual cue for handling each -- at the user's discretion -- would be awesome.

(When I say "each," I believe that one method would work for each. Some users might use it only for the "out of my hands" tasks, but depending upon the implementation, the same cue could be used for an "interrupted task."

I realize that, at the most basic level, an "interrupted task" is in essence "not done." But sometimes I find it particularly helpful to be reminded that a task is "in progress," as opposed to "haven't even started it, yet." Sometimes these decisions have to be made on the fly, and the "next actions" system simply doesn't work. I won't bother to create an elaborate scenario, here, but a simple, visual cue, indicating "in progress" would solve a lot of problems for me.