View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwhistler View Post
Thanks...this is almost exactly what I wanted. How do I get the action group itself to show up in context view when I've finished with all the children? Is there a setting somewhere that when I complete all of the children in an action group, that action group itself is completed? One of the reasons I use OF is because I'm extremely forgetful in my "old age." I can see myself forgetting to go look for all of the finished action groups in planning view, or missing one or two (I have a folder hierarchy in planning view that would make most wince) because I don't see them.
There's currently no way to do that, unfortunately. What I do now is to put a fake action at the end of the group that says "Don't forget to go back into planning mode and complete the entire group!" Yes, it's a horrible kludge.

This is something I've been harping about for a long time. I encourage anyone else who thinks that OF's behavior is broken in this regard to send official feedback asking for the behavior to change.

My suggestion: in a sequential project or group, when you complete a repeating action, the next iteration should be placed at the BOTTOM of the project or group. That would solve the whole problem, as far as I can tell.