View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrobb View Post
OK, I figured my problem out. A couple of weird issues.

I opened up synch preferences and noticed that my iDisk synching (no Me synching) lost its preferences and showed that I had never synched. I re-registered my computer. That created a second client instance of my Macbook, but whatever.

Once that was done, when I tried to quit, I got the window that says "OmniFocus will quit when finished synching". I initially clicked "Don't Quit" thinking that meant I'd be telling the app "OK, finish your synch and don't quit without synching". What it really means is "stop synching and don't quit". When I tried quiting again, I let the dialogue box sit for about 10 seconds and the app quit. I think the confusion part there is that there's a progress indicator bar that doesn't show any progress so you're kind of left thinking that the app is waiting for you to do something (hence, me clicking on "Don't Quit")
I bet there isn't anyone at Omni who isn't running syncing, and thus no one immediately noticed that quitting with syncing disabled doesn't work. Testing the quit function without syncing turned on seems like a fairly obvious thing to do when tinkering with the quit function and sync-on-quit, too, but we all make misteaks :-)

You will want to get rid of that old client entry for your Macbook, or it will eventually cause your database to not be compacted (and you'll get warnings about how it hasn't been synced in several days).

That progress bar could use some improvement, too. It tends to sit there without any progress for most of the sync cycle (and the toolbar sync button isn't animated either), then flashes across and disappears.