View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
This could be beaten a fair bit with the GTD drum (and has, many times ;-) but there's a real difference between events and tasks. The former have a specific time; the latter don't necessarily (they may have a due date). iCal can do both; OmniFocus only deals with the latter. It might be possible to whip up a script but there _will_ be gaps, and functionality is never going to be great. It truly is best to enter events (meetings, calls, appointments, etc.) in iCal and use its alarms, etc., and enter tasks in OmniFocus, and separate the two. Yes, there are two areas you have to manage/monitor, but this is what's recommended in a GTD approach.
I understand the GTD drum and I agree. . . Ical should be used as my calendar, not Omni-focus. But, I'd love to have a CONTEXT called, "Appointments" that auto fills each day with only that day's appointments. The reason for this, is so I can simply see my schedule in a perspective in Omni and not have to switch back and forth from Ical to omni when all I need to do is look at my day.

I would still use my calendar to input all of my appointments and to reference future dates, but the script puts a copy of today's events right where my eyes are constantly looking to make real time decisions about "Today."

So, I'd put them in a project called, "today's schedule" and a context called, "schedule." The due date and time would be in the due date and time field. It would be flagged (this puts them in my Today perspective). The actual start time, end time and main text of the appointment would be in the main task field.

Any thoughts on this style of using omni?