View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkerli View Post
More than one company has fallen apart because of this type of confusion. While there is "plausible deniability" inscribed in this exchange, the issue isn't about who was right about the status of OO for iPhone. It's about lack of reliable information about a product's future and the impact it may have on long-term user commitment to this product.
I still love OO but the lack of any iOS version has made me shift my workflow away from it. Just this week, I went back to the blog to see what the ETA for the iPad version was. In a way, I simply assumed that there would also be a version for other iOS devices. Fool me once..
Plausible deniability? Come on, if you search the archives for posts containing omnioutliner and iPhone, you will find that Omni has had the same message all along (for more than 2 years): we are not currently working on such an app, but it is something interesting to us and we will consider it in the future when we are done with our current committed projects. Anyone reading something else has been reading what they wish to see, not what is there. If you assume what you want rather than reading what is put forth, how is this Omni's miscommunication? How could they have acted differently to get this message across?