View Single Post
Well Re: iPhone 3G: I'm playing wait and see on that one. When you factor in the new ATT data plan, owning the new iPhone is going to be more expensive than owning the orig. I'll have to play with the iPhone 2.0 software on my existing phone and read some reviews about the new hardware (audio quality?) before moving forward. I'm annoyed with the "It's cheaper! (until you actually do the math)" trick being pulled.

On the OF front, I've read on another website that Omnigroup won't have the mechanism to give discounts on the iPhone OF app to people who already own OF on their desktops. Something to do with how the AppStore is going to work.

As I've mentioned before, I purchased at the beta price of $40, so I've got some room to play with before it gets uncomfortable. I still think $80 for OF 1.0 was a bit much. $80 for OF 1.x and OF iPhone... now that seems to make more sense as a product package... but I'm still not sure where that leaves me.

I don't know, thinking out loud: $10-15 is a gift from Omni to me. $20 for OF iPhone is a no brainer. $30 ...okay. $40-$50 "dammit... grr... (sigh) okay..." >$50 "George is gettin' angry!"

Still need syncing with a cable. I don't want to have to fork over $30/month to ATT, then $10/month to Apple (or someone else) for some webDAV server just to use OF on my iPhone. Yes, syncing wirelessly is cool, but a dude has to put a stop to the monthly service premiums at some point.