View Single Post
I've toyed with the idea of using OF for notes as well. Here are some of the reasons why I don't use it for notes:

Notes for me are learning that I have done that I don't want to redo. Precious time is spent on finding the information. The more I can retain that information, the more time I save in the future. What has scared me off of OF is I don't want to complete a task that is a note, and have it lost to me.

I also don't like the idea of having checkboxes next to notes... as if they could be completed. I know this is a small thing, but psychologically I don't like the idea of it.

On the other hand, it could be very useful to take notes while I work on a project, and what better place than within the task. I think a best world scenario would be the ability to copy off the notes when I have completed a project. Any applescripters want to take this on? ;) Maybe it's something I'll write in the future. Currently I use Evernote, which doesn't have Applescript support.

There is no way to search on the iPhone app. This is crucial to me. My note taking style has evolved to more of a gmail mindset, where I take more notes than I need and rely on searching to find them again.

I've used Yojimbo in the past, but there is no iPhone app for it. So now I'm on Evernote. The searching is nice, although I don't like the fact that all my notes are on a server somewhere else. And if my internet connection goes down and I need to reference my notes... I'm hosed.

I like tagging notes. It offers the most flexibility.