View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treo View Post
I bought OF for iPad two days ago and have already reported four bugs. One of which is a silly design problem. Create a top level folder, then a project inside it and add some tasks to the project to see what I mean. It's the sort of thing you would have expected someone to try before release. Coupled with problems related to background operation where I have to keep quitting and restarting and I am left disappointed, my disappointment being in direct relation to the price i paid after putting it off for so long. Yes, support are wonderful and always tell you how grateful they are that you wrote to them, but I shouldn't have to be firing off emails twice a day. I've never once reported a bug to Toodledo developers (a cheap app I might add) or Things (another cheaper app) which trumps OF in terms of UI design if not functionality.

The only redeeming feature is the sync, but then I had that with Toodledo so why the hell did I switch? The thing is, perversely, I'll stick it out for a bit because I've paid so much for it. I think Omni have dabbled in the dark arts of pricing psychology. Their Mac apps can't be faulted, but I'm not sure what's happened here.
Please provide more details since I don't see the bugs you mention. I use the iPad version all the time, and it's been stable (hasn't crashed). Obviously it doesn't mean it's completely bug free though.

As far as Toodledo for iPad, I think you are really talking about two different types of programs. However, if you think Toodledo serves your need, more power to you. For me, it didn't even make the first cut it terms of usability and features.

Omni does offer a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not really happy with the purchase.

Ken