View Single Post
We definitely want to make more videos, but it's a fairly labor-intensive process, and some of the questions you're looking for don't have a lot of hard-and-fast answers. Which contexts someone should set up tends to vary a lot from person to person, for example. For stuff like that, I think you've hit on the right solution - there's a ton of material here on the forums.

Now, I'm looking over your other questions, and I'm actually writing up a couple of bugs vs. our documentation; we explain the 'overdue' and 'due soon' badges, but we do so in the context of the menu bar badge, not the dock badge. We also don't explain the 'items in your inbox' badge, which is the specific one you hit. (FYI, if you click and hold on the dock icon, the menu that appears does explain what that badge means, but there's no way you could have known that in advance.)

In any case, if you haven't checked it out, the printed manual may be helpful; it starts off with a tutorial like you're looking for, and it does do a good job of explaining the general things you're struggling with. ;-)

Now, the item creation problem you hit sounds like a bug, but it sounds like one that should be fixed in version 1.0.2 - are you using that build? If so, there's some edge case of that bug that we need your help to track down and fix.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-06-19 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: 'don't have' is very different from 'have'