View Single Post
Only applied when holding down OPTION to open a new window
Size
Position
Sidebar State (this might be buggy)"

What if the Perspective is opened via a toolbar button? Does the option key still work? My preference would be for all settings to update by default and a modifier be used to say "instead, just change the action list pane according to My Perspective, leave the rest of the window along, and don't actually change to that Perspective".

As for communicating the state of the Perspective, I'd prefer you just stretch the metaphor used in apps which manipulate files where the titlebar icon (next to the name of the Perspective) becomes gray and a dot appears in the leftmost button when the Perspective needs to be either saved or any changes (in blue) will be discarded. You may even go so far as to remind the user they have made changes to the Perspective when they try to change to another, although this hasn't seemed to be necessary in OW. Basically, I'm not a fan of the X on the rightmost view bar.

Also, I do not like the addition of the redundant view bar titles above the drop down menus. If there needs to be redundancy for the sake of clarity, I would rather each selection, once chosen, say "Grouped by Contexts" and "Grouped by Project" etc. (could
also use" {} Grouping: None", "{} Grouping: Contexts", etc.)

-Paul

Last edited by pjb; 2009-08-15 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: found snapshot