View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelande View Post
I also tried Notebooks by Alfons Schmid, at first I was hyped, but I found it lacking.

I also hated that the display changed so much between edit mode (MarkDown View) and view mode.

Outlining/Numbering especially. You would add items in the rows, and the numbers would be off, then when you changed to view mode, the numbering would "re-jigger" and display correctly.

I also found it problematic when editing an outline, inserting rows and moving items around messed up the formatting.
Notebook on both the iPad and Mac work fine as far as I'm concerned and they are improving every day. The main issue for me is manually managing the notes in the notebooks and trying to remember which one is more current. Don't change something in both sides or you will lose one or the other - that's a show stopper for me and I'm anxious to see what they do with either iCloud or Dropbox.

That said, where Notebook falls down is turning action items taken in a meeting into OF actions. What I do know is take my notes in OO for iPad, upload it to my mac, open OOmac and highlight the cells that are action items and then invoke an applescript that I have that puts those into actions in the inbox. This would be so-o-o-o nice if Omni built a notebook metaphor that allowed a page to be an OO file (ala CP Notebook) and then to be able to take that cell in the outline and drive it into an action item in OF. The actions or files would be visible in the notebook and individually in the separate programs. Actions sent to OF would show as such in the notebook and sync back and forth to OF or OO on either the iPad or mac seamlessly. That would be a huge product, I think and tie all of the Omni building blocks together. I'd pay a lot of money for that set of products....

J.