View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick101 View Post
For all my concerns about OP/iPad, this isn't one of them. Omni don't charge for this kind of upgrade even on the Mac, where they don't have Mac app store restrictions. I think this complaint is unfair.
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniplan FAQs for iPad
Will future updates cost anything?

The App Store policy and the longstanding Omni Group policy agree: minor updates should be free. Of course, if there is a major overhaul of the application with lots of shiny new features, we may release it as a new product, and that would cost money. But bug fixes, minor features, and miscellaneous polishing come at no cost.
The things we're discussing here are NOT "bug fixes", "minor features", or "miscellaneous polishing" (if they were, there would not be so many people up in arms about their omission), so the implication of that answer is that they may be charged for.

If, as you suggest, its not the Omni Groups normal behaviour, why do they say that?

With most apps it's not a big deal; if I have to pay £2.99 twice, so be it, but while I think Omniplan is probably worth the premium price they ask for it, it is NOT worth double, so it's perfectly "fair" to ask for clarrification; when these features come, will they be concidered "shiny new features" that we'll have to pay for?