View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brab
I now use the "official" approach to single tasks: tasks without a project. It works pretty well except that tasks whose start date is not due yet are shown.

Yes, I'm having the same issues. I have a lot of "projects" that are simple. They involve only 1 task, but might involve more later. I would like the "project" to also be a task, if the "project" has no sub-tasks assigned

Right now in order to get one of these simple project/task things to appear properly in the context view, I need to create a "project" with one "task" inside it and assign a context to the task. And, just in case more sub-tasks spring up, I should really assign a default context to the project.

This is a lot of extra keystrokes when all I need is a reminder to "call Karina and remind her to bring my jacket to the party".

I don't want to have a "shopping" project to contain my "pickup milk" task (context = errands –> grocery store, due date = today) and "pickup batteries" task (context = errands –>radio shack, due date = next week).

Extra projects clutter up my "project" view and over complicate the organization and make the experience cumbersome. I recognize, and need, the ability to use project heigherarchy to organize complex projects. But I want my little reminders in the same program without the added complexity.

Does anyone have a good workflow to address this? Am I missing something?