View Single Post
Just want to make sure I understand this correctly ...

Let's say I have set Helvetica 14 as my style for a Level Two item. If I copy Arial 12 text from another source, and paste it into a Level Two item with Shift-Alt-Command-V (Paste & Match Style), then the previously Arial 12 text will become Helvetica 14 text in my outline.

However, if I paste with a simple Command-V, then the text in my outline will appear as Arial 12.

Now ... if I position the cursor in such a way as to select the Item, the Inspector still shows Helvetica 14, even though the text is Arial 12. But when I position the cursor to select the actual text, then the Inspector shows Arial 12.

And here's my question: am I correct that the only way to change that Arial to Helvetica 14 is by selecting just the text and changing the font? In other words, if there were several items whose font I wanted to change because I didn't use Paste & Match Style, then I'd have to go into each item, one by one, manually select the text and change the font in the inspector. There's no way to batch change them.

Yes?