View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelande View Post
I also tried Notebooks by Alfons Schmid, at first I was hyped, but I found it lacking.

I also hated that the display changed so much between edit mode (MarkDown View) and view mode.

Outlining/Numbering especially. You would add items in the rows, and the numbers would be off, then when you changed to view mode, the numbering would "re-jigger" and display correctly.

I also found it problematic when editing an outline, inserting rows and moving items around messed up the formatting.

I agree with all of the above, and also have found myself using circus ponies notebook. However I keep trying to make room for Alfons Schmid's simply due to the send to omnifocus and open in omnioutliner. They are invaluable.

I too would love to see omnigroup's take on a note taking app. Both omnifocus and omnioutliner on the iPad are a joy to use, and omnioutliner is tempting to use as a note taking tool, it just falls short in too many ways.

The circus ponies notebook is truly powerful, a very well thought out piece of software, but the look of it and it's insular nature make me inclined to continue my search for a great fully-featured notes app.

It's really quite strange that all of them still fall short of the mark.

David