View Single Post
Brian,
Thanks for the help.

As I said, the search feature is the killer for me. I take a lot of notes and clippings from emails and web pages and stuff and I'm lost without being able to search through them.

As far as emailing tasks to others are concerned, yes I'm aware that I can email and INDIVIDUAL action to someone. However, let's say I have a checklist or project containing 10 things to do that I want to email. From what I can see I'm unable to mail the list or project - I have to send 10 separate emails. Other applications such as Taska can handle this beautifully.

As far as PDF attachments are concerned, you say this feature works but I am unable to do it. 1) I add a PDF attachment to a note in Omnifocus on my Macbook Pro (being careful to include the actual file - not just a link to it.). I sync (to Mobile Me). When I sync with my other Mac, the PDF attachment is there. But when I sync with the iPad, there is no PDF attachment. Photos and voice recordings work fine.

Brian, I understand you had to leave out certain things for the iPad version. I'm not even saying it's a "bad" app. But let's face it. This app cost $40 and a couple of months of wait time! For comparision, Todo, by Appigo cost $5, was available within a couple of weeks after the Ipad release, and has been revised 4 times since it's release.

I wish I could say that Omnifocus was 8x better than ToDo and worth the wait. Or even 2x better. But I can't honestly say it's ANY better. In fact, Todo has a LOT going for it. The ONLY thing Omnifocus has over Todo is that it syncs with my existing Omnifocus for desktop data. But not my PDFs. Not my MP3s or presentations. And it can't search my notes. So it "sort of" syncs with my existing Omnifocus desktop data.

And to Steven: I'm glad we make each other laugh. I get a kick out of people that are loyal to a "brand" or a "concept" regardless of functionality. I use Omnioutliner, and Omniproject on the Mac and Omnifocus on the Mac and iphone because they work great for me. They are AWESOME applications! Omnifocus for iPad is not. It's missing a lot of basic features. Like searching through notes.

Steven, price isn't really an issue with me. I don't mind ponying up $4 for a Starbuck's coffee even though it's over priced because it's also the best. But if I buy a cup and find it's been sitting on the burner for half a day and tastes like crap, I feel entitled to complain without someone telling me to stop complaining because it's Starbucks coffee. Get it?

Last edited by jack.n; 2010-08-01 at 08:44 AM..