View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Psidnell, can you give us more information on how the ability to see the inbox at the same time as some focused or selected projects is useful to you? Specifically, how do you use this and what is it let you do in your workflow?
Sure.

I spend most of my work day at my desk with a focus set on my work folder.
I usually have two windows open:
  • A big context window with all available actions (focussed on work).
  • A small context window with all due/flagged actions (focussed on work).

I often use OSX/IOS quick entry (and now the new mail/sync service) to get things into my inbox while I'm on the desk phone or in a meeting (with my iPhone). The vast majority are work related and small tasks.

Consequently I'd like them to appear in my work focussed available context window (above) under "No Context", as they would if I wasn't focussed.

Obviously I could select a project/context on entry (if using the right "clean up inbox items" setting) but that would be less "quick".

I don't know what the technical feasibility of this is (although I have peeked at your db schema and generate reports from it with python:-)) but there would seem to be no usability penalty for the inbox to be a project that can't be deleted/renamed. Then when you create a focussed perspective you could choose to include/exclude it to get any behaviour you want - including the current behaviour (although a tad more consistent).

Hope that made sense.