View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboG View Post
Hi,

Thanks very much for the notes on how to do this. You are right, this is certainly a workaround to the point of being a bug in the UI and needs to be fixed pronto.

Can you believe I've spent the best part of an hour looking for this solution, and to think that it's listed as one of the main features of the product on the App store.... I am annoyed and hope it is addressed very shortly in an update.

I perform various auditing tasks for clients and as such need to be able to separate out controls that need addressing for PCI-DSS, creating tasks and sub tasks is the only way to address it.

This should be an extremely simple change to make in the UI - either select the task to assign it against (to create a subtask) when creating a task / moving a task / converting to action, or create an "indent" icon or similar a bit like MS Project to "nudge" the tasks into a sub-column.

I hope that someone from Omni might be able to comment on this as it really does seem to be an oversight as the workaround although works seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Thanks in advance.

James Gillies
Hi,

It looks like sometimes all you need is a fresh pair of eyes!

All you need to do when creating a task (even if the original project was a "Parallel" project) is to select "Move" and choose "Move inside item" - at that point you can select exactly where you need to drop the new task.

I have confirmed that this works on "old" Parallel projects and brand new sequential ones, Omnifocus doesn't care.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

James