View Single Post
Hi all,

Some time ago it seemed apparent that the "activate" AppleScript command stopped working for the OmniFocus app (or window, I can't recall). There is an easy workaround, so NBD.

However, "activate" still worked for the Quick Entry window (thanks BTW to Curt for showing me how). I use it all day long, for Capturing Firefox URLs and Capturing Lotus Notes URLs. I know that Curt's capture from Mac Mail script uses it too.

I noticed last night that it stopped working for me - I assume it broke in yesterday's update. I could still use my scripts to capture things without the QE window, but I'd prefer to have it working - the way the AppleScript support is changing I prefer to know for sure that the task was captured by seeing it with my eyes in QE.
  • Anyone know what's going on? Can you confirm that this is broken for you too?
  • Is there another way to bring the QE window to the front?
I'm an AppleScript noob - quite impressed with it so far, in fact I'm darn thankful for it, these capture capabilities are a must for me. It'll be nice though when the OF API settles.

Other QE window problems - related?
Also, earlier in the day yesterday, I noticed that the Quick Entry window started acting weird - if I invoked it with ^-alt-Space (not via Script), the QE window appeared but no first task was created - it just beeped as soon as the window was visible. The only way I could create a task was to click on the QE window to bring it forward, and then Cmd-} (create a child) created the task. Restarting OF fixed this, but it started doing it again before long. I don't know whether this is related to the Subject problem, but I do hope it gets fixed - I use QE via the hotkey all day long too.