View Single Post
When printing hard copy, is there any way to persuade OO Pro to print the full URL of a URL that has been converted to an attachment? The full URL has obvious uses for people who receive hard copy of an OO document but do not have access to OO or the original file.

With OO Pro 3.7.5 I can see no way to do this. The attachment/link is created in the OO document and automatically given the title of a truncated version of the URL. E.g. "http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v434/n7031/full/434294a.html" becomes "www.nature.com—434294a.html". I understand the motivation for doing this. It reduces clutter in the OO document (although if that was the idea, wouldn't it be better to use something human-readable like the <title> of the website?). The problem, however, is that this truncated version is the one that appears in the printout, and it's next to useless for someone without access to the OO document. I realize I can turn off the option to create attachments from pasted URLs, but having those working links in my OO document is extremely useful.

Unless I'm missing a fix that's already there, it seems like there are three options:

- write an Applescript to change the title of URL attachments to the full URL
- change OO's default behaviour to do this
- a preference in the Print/OmniOutliner dialog box to print full URLs

The first two have the disadvantage from cluttering the OmniOutliner document.