View Single Post
I don't use the start date as a tickler. It just messes with my mind about when projects should really start.

I put almost every project to "On Hold" status. I set projects to "Active" only when I am ready to start working on it in the next 7-10 days.

Here's how I set up my ticklers - I use the Review perspective and set the review dates and review cycles of all my projects to different intervals.

Some projects that need to be monitored more closely will have a shorter review interval (1 day to 1 week). Projects that don't need frequent monitoring will have a longer review interval. Some projects can be reviewed on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-monthly, bi-annually, or annually.

On night before or first thing in the morning, I click on the review perspective to see all of my projects that need to be reviewed today or tomorrow. Projects that have a review date of today will appear at the top of the list. This is my tickler. I can determine whether or not to set the project to active or keep it set to on hold. Then I select Edit menu > Mark Review (Command-Shift-R). I'll know that I have reviewed this project, decided to keep it on hold or make it active, then mark it as reviewed. The reviewed project will be cycled back into the future for further review based on the set review cycle. I can also use the Inspector window and set the next review date manually.

This makes it easier for me to handle ticklers instead of resetting the start date over and over again.

I also know that my projects will stay on hold until I decide to put it back into active mode.