View Single Post
Thanks. That's very similar to the way that I'm now using waiting-for. The question was more from a planning perspective. If I'm planning out a series of steps that one or more other people may perform, they aren't yet in a waiting context, because I haven't assigned the actions to them yet.

So the idea I'm toying with is to create this delegated context to put these actions/projects in to get them off my radar until I assign them.

I supposed that just putting the project on hold might be the way OF intends this to be done; I was just checking here to see of any project-manager types handled things differently. Part of the driver is that I use action groups to manage this -- I'm breaking up each individuals actions and putting them as action groups in the overall project. I usually don't want the whole project on hold, just an action group or two (person assigned to something else temporarily, equipment not available, on holiday, sick, etc.). Looking at the inspector, I see that I can indeed put action groups on hold, so might give this a try instead.

Any other micro-managers out there? ;-)

Cheers,
- Steve

Last edited by nunez; 2010-01-30 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: Can't spell