View Single Post
Quote:
[...] I had a couple of days where I felt like a square peg in a round hole trying to get my arms around OF, but once I broke through I'm loving it. [...]
So far I'm encouraged by what I see. I've never read GTD or any other "productivity" self-help kinda book, but I've managed simulteneous projects with multiple resources and dependencies, so I'm looking for an app that will let me work with more personal or smaller group oriented projects. Glad to see you're diggin' it!

Quote:
If you go to Preferences and look at the Data tab, there is a section called Cleanup that controls what happens with new items. [...] So if you rapid input a dozen things and give each of them a Project, then they will all sit there in the Inbox until you hit the Clean Up button, and then they will disappear. I actually like this because that way if you make a typo, it doesn't disappear on you and you don't know where it went. So you could do a quick visual double check before hitting Clean Up after you have entered them all.
aha... And after a quick view of the video I just thought clean up was to get ride of completed tasks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardener
I think that you want to set the preference "Immediately clean up items added from Quick Entry", in the General Preferences screen, to true.
Thanks Convergent and Gardener, I never bottled to review the prefs and just assumed that this would, in a database like fashion, automatically allow for sorting etc. once entered.

I do like the idea of clean up and just didn't understand its application.

Givin' it a try!