View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestaub View Post
I have the same problem as Andreas has. I don't check the items I need while I'm at my Mac, I check them in OF using my iPhone when I'm in my kitchen and then I go to the store. At that point, all the items checked on my iPhone are gone. Yes, they show up again - checked - on the desktop version of OF, but that's not useful to me. I use Perspectives on the desktop but don't see how they help me on my iPhone, given what I describe.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Miles
Milestaub,

Yes this is exactly my situation. I am in the kitchen and figure out that I ran out of sugar. So I have my iPhone in my pocket and can immediately type in that I need some sugar. Then I go to the washroom and find out that there is something missing ... You get the idea.

I do not carry my Mac around. This is why I love this personal digital assistant. I have it available instantly.

For this reason I run a different application that is specialized for groceries lists. But I do not want to run different apps for the task management. I do want to have one single area where I have all my tasks available - including the shopping lists. With all the features (such as localisation feature on the iPhone) it might be perfect. There is just this little piece missing that lets the tasks visible for my grocery list.

I put an enhancement request on the iPhone section of this forum to add a property to either contexts or projects where one can prevent tasks to become invisible when they are checked. I hope it goes through.

Regards,

Andreas