View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by macula View Post
At the very least, I would like to see an option allowing "floating" start and end times, in the manner of iCal ("floating" in this case means that start and end times remain the same regardless of time zone).
Yeah, essentially we'd have to add a per action/project/group "floating" checkbox, which means modifying the database under the hood to store that setting. Once you do that, you need to ensure that everyone updates their app to the versions that know what to do with that setting, and make sure that nothing bad happens when they inevitably sync a device running an older version... It's a small feature on the surface, but under the hood it's a bigger deal for the engineers and QA.

I'll be heading over to the UK again in a few weeks, and this issue will inconvenience me during that time; I feel your pain.

If it helps, looking at the development database, this looks like the kind of thing we'll change someday; it's not a huge group, but there are a number of other folks that want this change too. At the moment, though, there are other things that customers as a whole want more. (And that metric sets aside things like "support iOS 5", which aren't on that list but we can assume would show up really fast if we didn't add them.)

If we lived in a world with infinite engineers, we wouldn't have to prioritize and could just work on everything at once; let's hope that day arrives sometime soon. ;-)