View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
This would work if your entire team/department/company buys into the GTD methodology.

GTD may work for some but not for others. IT would almost make you look like a religious zealot trying to preach the GTD Bible to the masses. Some folks just aren't ready for it and some just don't care.

I'd love to spread the Word of GTD but if my team/department/company doesn't adopt the GTD methodology, then it would be pretty pointless.

By converting OmniPlan into a multi-user version of OmniFocus, it may limit the consumer market to folks who need a project management tool that also requires GTD.

OmniPlan looks like it will benefit by staying agnostic about its task management preference. Maybe it can adopt some of the other methodologies such as Your Workday Now discipline, the GTD discipline, or the DIT (Do It Tomorrow) discipline, or even that new-fangled AutoFocus/SuperFocus discipline.

I've seen Pocket Informant allow me to switch between GTD or the Franklin-Covey GTD methodology.

Good points all. The ability to switch among methodologies would be awesome. My main point is not about a particular methodology but about not separating project management from task management since projects are composed of tasks and tasks usually exist within the context of projects.

It would be nice to have all project management and task management tools together in the same app; it doesn't make sense to separate interpenetrating levels of complexity within a time/activity management system into separate apps simply because they represent different levels of complexity within a coherent system.

This is a systems holism perspective.

Last edited by nailen; 2011-04-12 at 08:17 AM..