View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
In the 10 days since my last post, my list of clients, projects and actions has grown to the point that I'm perplexed by my Context view.

To recap, I have a dozen active clients, each asking for help with FileMaker, Web development, and/or their Macs. In the Project view, each client is a folder, with like-named projects in each folder (e.g., FMP, Web, Mac).

Since nearly all of my work is in my "office" context, the action list in Context view is quite long. And since I can't see client/folder in Context view, I'm constantly asking myself, "What client (folder) does this project belong to?"

When I'm completely stumped, I can select an action and choose View > Show in Project View.

I'm getting ready to add the client name to each project name so that I can see the client in the Context view.

If there were an optional Folder column in the Context view, I'd be in OmniFocus heaven.
I have an almost identical problem. I have 90% of my actions at home (working from home), and 10 % 'DownTown'. I had named most of my tasks with elaborate names in LB so I could see what they actually are.

For me the addition of a grouping by 'Folder' or Project would be very helpful. Also the possibility of either customising the column that now shows the parent task or adding another column showing the project name would do the trick.