Thread: Bugs in 1.0?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Yes, that's correct: we assume that the order of actions in a project is important, and so we never change that order in planning mode. (It can represent the dependencies in a sequential project, or the priorities in a parallel project.) It's easy to reorder actions if you want them in a different order, and we do offer the ability to select actions within a project and sort them manually (using the Sort submenu in the Edit menu).
When you put it that way it does make sense for a great deal of projects. I also appreciate the option to sort via the Edit menu. However, the sort options available via the Edit menu (By Name, By Date Added, By Date Completed) don't help. Is there a possibility we might see By Due Date added here? Date Added doesn't seem all that helpful. The nature of the way you suggest using OmniFocus is that you are just brain dumping tasks into it as opposed to thinking about it where the Date Added would come in handy. And Date Completed is only useful if you are viewing all items.

Am I the only one who has some of his "projects" as todo lists for certain ongoing projects? That is really why I need to sort the action items by due date within a project.