Thread: Bugs in 1.0?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
A lot.

I really really don't have time to respond to every one of your points. Some of them are valid questions so I'm not trying to just dodge but some of them are you reading something into what I wrote that is not what I intended and I don't have time to rehash and rehash these in some sort of infinite loop.

I will answer a couple of quick points:

1) By deploy I meant to deploy to the production environment. I developed web applications for Fortune 100 companies so that is where the term deploy comes in, deploy to a production web server.
2) Critical bugs (i.e. those that affected how the application worked and did not have a workaround) were fixed, tested, and the new code deployed ahead of other planned releases. The code for these fixes was then incorporated into the other lines.
3) Of course you can't delay forever but as a private company the ultimate decision lies with OmniGroup as to when they announce and eventually release a product. NOTHING forces a release. In fact, a company can pull a product completely if they run into a significant problem. They will take a hit for that too but that is another story.
4) This isn't about shipping bug-free software. It is about how quickly bugs are fixed once you know they are there.
5) Jet Brains is a great company with great products. Unless you have done large scale Java development you probably wouldn't have heard of them.

Back to work.