View Single Post
Troy,

I save my important passwords in a separate keychain for easy maintenance. both Safari and OW can see them and use them to automatically fill fields. the problem though is that OW will *always* ask me if I want to save the passwords even though they're already in the keychain. Omni once told me that this is a problem with the OS and Keychain Access, but this *does not happen* with Safari. it's a pain-in-the-neck to always have to click on the Don't Save button.

furthermore, OW *can* delete passwords from the Keychain. if you click the Never button, OW deletes the (first) existing password from the Keychains, replacing the Account value with "Passwords not saved" and deleting the password. so OW can access the keychain and find the key to fill the fields, but cannot see that the key exists to not ask about saving the value, but can see the key to replace and delete it!

theoretically, OW shouldn't be looking into the Keychain to see that a key should not be saved for a particular web site. that preference should be saved in the site's preferences. no?

please fix this, SOON! I've just come back to OW from Safari to see if there have been any improvements in speed and response, but this password thing REALLY BUGS ME!!!

cheers,
Gregory

Last edited by Gregory; 2008-09-03 at 06:05 PM..